Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Debi's Daily Dollar Idea: Click!



Today's money saving idea is easy and just takes a few seconds.  If you are like me you make the most of your computer printer.  I try to only print off what I need, but I still seem to go through reams of paper.  But printing uses more than just paper - it uses ink.  And it can use a lot of it.  If you haven't already done so, change your default printer settings to "fast draft," or "draft," depending on which settings your printer uses.  I have found that for 95% of my printing needs, fast draft works just fine.  This setting uses much less ink that the "normal," or "best" setting.  If you are paying full-price for your ink, you will notice the savings immediately.  If you refill your own printer ink cartridges (check my earlier posting for this tip) you are already saving money and will now be saving even more!  Also, color ink cartridges tend to be more expensive and won't last as long as black ink, so while you're at it change your color settings to only print in black.  The savings will continue to add up!

No comments: